Now that summer piano lessons have begun, what kind of ideas can we use to mix up the routine.
1. Pick a theme- learn patriotic music, learn Disney music, pick a theme and have everyone learn a piece of their choosing.
2. Try some new techniques- use a different ear-training book, pick songs that are catchy to work on intervals
3. Have a measure contest. Who can learn the most measures in a week.
4. Have the student’s pretend to be the teacher an coach their teacher on a piece.
5. Ignore the practice chart. Test the students and see if they can accomplish their goals without having to practice a certain amount of minutes. Are they learning to self-regulate practice time.